You may have seen advertisements on TV or online for pressure washing your driveway. You might be wondering Is it okay to pressure wash block paving?? The answer is yes.
Pressure washing can remove dirt and grime from the surface of your driveway/paving, making it look new again. It will also help prevent moss build-up by removing any excess moisture that could lead to growth on the blocks.
But if the paving is made from natural stone, it is not advisable to pressure wash it. It will cause the stone to scratch and crack, which will damage them beyond repair. However, suppose you have concrete block paving sealed with an acrylic sealer or other kind of coating.
In that case, pressure washing should be fine as long as you use a low-pressure setting and don’t leave any standing water behind after rinsing off the detergent solution.
Also, Check Out
What do we need to know before deciding to pressure wash our paving?
If you have block paving on your property, you might be wondering if it is okay to pressure wash it. It can get dirty and slippery when wet, so there may be some concern that the power washer will damage the surface too much.
But still, if you do choose to pressure wash your block paving, we recommend using a low-pressure setting and covering up any plants and flowers in the area with safety first.
- Regular cleaning of block paving will only harm your floor instead of cleaning.
- You should change the pressure according to the area you are going to clean.
- Never apply the powerful pressure directly on the paving. The powerful pressure might damage the block, so apply it on the corner and then continue cleaning the whole area.
- Before pressure washing clean any debris, leaves, mud, etc.
Can I Hire A Professional To Clean The Block Paving?
If you are not perfect for cleaning block paving by yourself then it’s always the right thing to hire a professional for this job. However, it is highly recommended that you ask them to use the right chemicals and take care of your plants as well.
Also, there are many benefits of hiring a professional to clean block paving. A professional cleaner will have the proper equipment and know-how to keep your paving looking beautiful for years to come.
- Best Cordless Pressure Washer UK : Top In 2023 (UK) - 30/01/2023
- Best Petrol Pressure Washer : Finding The Perfect One - 28/01/2023
- Best Car Pressure Washer UK - 22/01/2023