Are your windows so dirty that you cannot even see through them anymore? We are here to help with the ultimate guide on how to clean window with pressure washers. Follow these steps, and soon your home windows will be sparkling again!
Many people use a pressure washer for cleaning their home dirty surfaces and also, use to remove dirt from windows. If the window’s height is long enough, then using a pressure washer is perfect with the help of connecting a long hose pipe.
Also, it’s perfect for those who cannot reach the top of their windows or have difficulty climbing ladders and step stools. You can also do it in less time if you use old-fashioned methods like squeegeeing and scrubbing!
Steps To Clean Windows Using Pressure Washer
- The first step in cleaning windows with a pressure washer is preparing the surface of the window. You should be removing any debris and dirt from the window using water, soap, and a scrubbing pad.
- Next, you want to make sure that your windows are dry before starting the cleaning process. You can do this by wiping them down with a clean cloth or squeegeeing them off if they’re too high up for you to reach.
- Clean down the window with water. This will remove any debris on the surface of the glass and make it easier to clean off later. You can use a long nozzle attachment if you cannot reach all parts of your windows or have many corners that need cleaning.
- If there is a place you cannot reach with the water, use a long nozzle attachment to hose down that area
- Pressure wash over the entire window surface, making sure to scrub under any dirty corners or grim spots on your windows for best results.
- Rinse off all soap and dirt from the pressure washer but make sure you use a low amount of pressure on the glass window to prevent any damage.
How To Clean Window With Pressure Washer [Tips]
You will need to use soap or another cleaning agent to get the best results.
Before you wash your windows down with water, make sure they are in good condition. Also, try using a few drops of dish detergent on them.
If possible, have someone help you wash the outside of your window because it can be difficult since there is no way to reach every spot through the glass. One person should stand at ground level during the other washes over the top from above so that both sides of each gets cleaned off thoroughly.
Do not forget about any dirt stuck onto corners or grime spots on your windows, as these areas may require more washing time than others.
Things to Be Careful of When Using a Pressure Washer
Do not aim the pressure washer at your windows for too long, as this may cause damage to them.
If you have a wooden window next to your glass, make sure it is covered with plastic or something else that can withstand high water pressure before washing. This will protect the wood from being damaged by the force of the water.
Inspect your windows closely to ensures no issues or it is in good condition. Later on, while using a pressure washer on windows, the cleaning should be problem-free.
Tips on Cleaning Windows Indoors:
Professional cleaners should be hired to clean indoor windows for best results and safety reasons since they are more difficult than outdoor ones.
If done incorrectly cleaning windows indoors, you might damage the other items inside your house or near the windows. However, some things homeowners can do inside their home are remove all pictures frames and other important items to save them from getting damaged.
Will it cause any other damage to my windows?
Yes, pressure washing your windows is safe as long as you use low pressure on the windows. You should not increase the pressure by more than 100 bar and follow the above guideline to make your washing fast, clean, and damage-free.
Petroleum Or Electric?
The best pressure washer is electric ones, and these types of machines do not have higher pressure and usually range from 80 bar to 200 bar. Whereas petroleum ones are mainly used in tough power jobs, they have higher water pressure ranging from 200 to 400 bar. So, an electric pressure washer is ideal for cleaning windows.
What is the recommended Pressure Washer For Cleaning Windows?
We hope you will not face any problem regarding how to clean windows with a pressure washer. Always take proper precautions before using it on a glass window. Make sure there is no one standing while you are doing the cleaning job, especially kids.